Hey NaturAllistas! We know that caring for natural hair comes with a lot of questions, and we want to make sure that we can answer every single one of yours! Every week, we will answer our most frequent and most pressing questions posed by none other than you! Whether you are curious about healthy, organic ingredients for your hair or the best practices to get the results you’re looking for, be sure to keep an eye out every week for natural hair tips, tricks, and fun facts! Let’s get started with this guide!
This week we want to highlight something very exciting happening here at NaturAll - the launch of our newest Strengthening Jamaican Black Castor Oil Collection! This collection features the delicious benefits of lavender, carrot, moringa, and monoi packed into our new, yummy ingredients! NaturAll’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Collection is well-known for its fresh formula that not only increases shine, improves manageability, and reduces flaking and breakage, but is key when it comes to promoting hair growth!
Yes, you read that right! One of the most common questions we get from naturals is how to get their hair to grow in thick and healthy! The natural hair journey can be emotional and trying, but with the right, consistent regimen, healthy practices, and products, there is always hope. Are you ready to unlock NaturAll’s secrets to hair growth? Let’s get into it!
- Understand your hair. When it comes to hair growth, it's important to understand that the rate and length that your hair grows is unique. Just like how different strands on your head can have different curl patterns, certain sections of your hair simply grow faster or longer than others. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you can embrace the beautiful uniqueness of your hair and work with it to provide the best environment for growth!
- There’s more to growth than products! While the right products can help you achieve the results you are looking for, your body’s internal health is equally important. At NaturAll, we stress the importance of feeding your body and hair with all-natural, organic ingredients. We want to make sure that you are looking after the entirety of yourself; this means drinking plenty of water, taking multivitamins that contain Biotin, Protein, Iron, Zinc, vitamins A, C, D & E, and making sure to eat plenty of foods rich in vitamins. If you are dehydrated or consistently under-hydrated, your body will ration less moisture to your hair, resulting in dry hair. Make sure you drink 64 ounces (8 glasses) of water daily to encourage healthier and softer hair. Check out our previous blog post for some suggestions of foods to incorporate into your diet! But be careful— we said to change your diet, not to go on a diet! If your calorie intake is too low, your body will limit the nutrients and energy allocated for hair growth.
- Reduce heat and chemicals. To see real results in hair growth, it might be necessary for you to completely transition to natural, healthy hair. This means saying goodbye to heat treatments, color treatments, chemical dyes, and any other unnatural, toxic, or harmful practices. This includes staying away from chemicals such as sulfates, isopropyl alcohol, ethanol alcohol, polyethylene glycol, etc. You’ll also want to avoid chemicals that coat your hair without moisturizing it, like mineral oil. Such ingredients make your hair more brittle by stripping it of moisture, increasing your likelihood of breakage and hair loss.
- Trim your hair often. It can be painful to snip off what feels like progress! The truth is, split ends and single strand knots lead to tangles and dryness, which in turn cause breakage. Split ends can even increase hair loss by making it impossible for you to detangle your hair gently. It is incredibly important to trim your hair every few months, about 3-4 times a year, to keep your ends healthy and to retain length. If you find that this is not as effective or parts of your hair are growing unevenly, it may be helpful to cut your hair for it to grow back in evenly. However, it is not certain if it will be effective.
- Massage your scalp. We have established that you cannot change the nature of your hair’s growth cycle with products alone. However, there is one more trick you can make a habit of doing to begin to promote consistent and healthy hair growth all over your scalp! The trick is to do daily scalp massages with our Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serum! This can help to increase blood circulation in your scalp which will help to promote an increased rate of hair growth.
- Try a hot oil treatment! If you are interested in taking these daily scalp massages one step further, we recommend a hot oil treatment! Hot oil treatments are simple at-home remedies that battle dryness that causes brittle hair, frizz, and split ends, and massaging your scalp during a hot oil treatment is the cherry on top. Simply warm the oil you plan on using for your scalp massage to a temperature safe enough to apply to your scalp and apply the oil directly to your scalp and hair. Then place a shower or thermal cap over your head for 20-30 minutes to open up your hair cuticles, allowing the oil to penetrate through your hair shaft and allow your scalp to drink up every single benefit the oil can provide. While you definitely should make a daily habit of massaging your scalp, save the hot oil treatments for once a week, or every other week, depending on how dry you feel your hair and scalp are! Especially in the winter, these treatments can protect your hair from the cold and continue to promote a healthy environment for hair growth.
Now that we have shared some of our secrets to the magic of long, healthy hair we want to help you take your hair journey a step further! You know the basics - drink a lot of water, eat healthily, stay away from toxins, and take care of your hair with regular trims and scalp massages. But all this invaluable advice doesn’t help answer the most pressing question you probably have: What products should I use for hair growth?! Don’t worry, keep reading for the answer to that very question.
At NaturAll, we know how important hair length is to the natural hair journey, which is exactly why we have an entire collection dedicated to helping restore scalp vitality, reduce hair breakage, and strengthen your roots for hair growth. Our Strengthening Jamaican Black Castor Oil Collection is the solution you need, complete with products packed with the freshest and most beneficial ingredients to help you see your hair goals through. So what does a hair growth regimen with NaturAll’s products look like? What kinds of products do you need for hair growth?
- Deep Conditioner - Making a Deep Conditioner a part of your routine is incredibly important. Your hair needs nutrients and vitamins to grow and NaturAll’s Deep Conditioners provide exactly that. Moreover, hair often doesn’t grow because of dryness and breakage. Our Deep Conditioners help with this by providing moisture to your hair, especially your ends. Our Fresh Frozé Treatment Collection contains 3 “flavors” that are each perfectly suited for your specific hair concerns and our newest Strengthening Deep Conditioner with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Carrot + Moringa is freshly made with all the conditioning and replenishing benefits of fresh avocados, carrot, Jamaican black castor oil, and monoi. This nourishing formula combines the power of fresh avocado to penetrate the cuticle while the omega 3 & 6 fatty acids avocado oil work to restore strength. How can you go wrong with a solution like this? Our fresh, frozen Deep Conditioners are bound to deliver results if used consistently. We recommend using a NaturAll Deep Conditioner Treatment every 2 weeks to once a month to make sure that all those nutrients and vitamins packed into every pouch penetrate your hair! For more information about how to best deep condition your hair, check out this blog.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Of course, NaturAll’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serums are the true champions of hair growth, a blend of powerful oils and natural ingredients designed to promote thick and healthy hair growth and structure your hair, especially around your edges. Our Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serums are complements to our Fresh Frozé Treatment Deep Conditioners, meant for daily or every-other-day use. NaturAll has not just one, but two, incredible oils you can choose from: our Strengthening Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Moringa, Monoi & Carrot, or our Original Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Lavender. Each oil treatment has its own unique, delicious scent and a whole host of benefits!
NaturAll’s Deep Conditioners and Growth Serums are for so much more than just promoting hair growth, though! Maintaining natural hair can seem like a full-time job but making a habit of using products like these makes it easy! If you’re new to caring for your natural hair or are just looking for some hair hacks to perfect your regimen, then you’re in the right place! NaturAll wants to equip you with all the products you need to make sure your hair is getting all the moisture and nutrients it needs to not just grow healthy and strong, but also shine and bounce like it’s meant to!
So what products should you naturals like you be using regularly and why?
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serum - This entire blog has highlighted our Growth Serums, but the truth is that this product is one of the biggest gifts you can gift your hair. Our Growth Serums condition and soften your hair for improved manageability and overall hair health. The freshly made natural blend of antioxidants, & anti-inflammatories provides benefits for a healthy scalp and, you know it, natural hair growth. Earlier, we stressed the importance of scalp massages and hot oil treatments. Making this a part of your weekly or monthly routine is truly the easiest way to begin to increase circulation in your scalp and rejuvenate your tresses. To get these oils to permeate your roots and scalp, try massaging your scalp at night before bed and leaving the oils in overnight, locked in with a satin wrap.
- Cleansing Avocado Shampoo - So many shampoos out there are downright toxic for natural hair. You want a shampoo that is free of all chemicals, sulfates, and parabens and that will cleanse your hair without stripping it of all its natural oils that are so necessary for healthy hair. Overwashing your hair, or even washing it with the wrong kind of shampoo, can lead to extreme dryness and breakage. NaturAll’s Cleansing Avocado Shampoo is the perfect solution as it strips away dirt and product buildup in your hair for healthier, bouncier tresses. Perfect for all hair types and textures, this product will leave your hair clean and refreshed while maintaining moisture.
- Fresh Frozé Treatment Deep Conditioner - We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: deep conditioning is essential for healthy hair. You want to make sure your hair can drink up all the moisture and vitamins it can and what better way to do that than a Deep Conditioner Treatment? We have multiple solutions to choose from that provide unique benefits to your hair and the struggles you may be facing. Transitioning to natural hair? We’ve got you covered! Can’t find a solution to your dry hair? We have one packaged and ready to ship to you at the click of a button! Looking for that extra shine? Say no more! Regardless of what you are looking for when it comes to your hair goals, a Deep Conditioner treatment is the easiest way to start. Take our quiz here to see which of NaturAll’s Deep Conditioners might be best for you.
- Pure Avocado Oil - NaturAll’s Pure Avocado Oil is the final finishing touch when it comes to the very basic products every natural needs to maintain their healthy hair. Simply putting this oil in your hair regularly or after putting in a style allows your hair to lock in all the moisture you’ve fed it and last throughout the day. Especially as the cold begins to set in, our Avocado Oil will become your best friend, helping your hair withstand the dry, cold air. This product is much lighter than our Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serums and is an excellent option for our naturals with thinner hair looking to still seal in moisture and shine.
Using these four basic products in a consistent regimen is a sure way to maintain hair health, moisture, shine, and strength. We hope our NaturAll hair hacks and tips have been helpful when it comes to the magic of hair growth and every day natural hair maintenance. We’ll be back next week to answer more of your questions, but in the meantime feel free to drop your natural hair maintenance tips in the comments below. What usually works best for you when it comes to NaturAll’s products and a healthy hair regimen? If you have questions that you want to be answered, feel free to ask below as well! We’ll see you next week and don’t forget to Be Deliciously You!