Welcome back Naturalista's! If you’ve guessed it by now, yes we are here to break down another natural hairstyle! If you are looking to use more natural ingredients and fewer chemicals in your hair, you don't have to compromise your results or style. NaturAll developed the Avocado Kiwi Collection with this concept in mind- we wanted 100% natural products that perform even better than the damaging alternatives.
If you missed it, check out this guide on how to achieve an afro with only natural products and ingredients. This time, we will be explaining how to do a low or high puff using NaturAll's Hydrating Avocado Kiwi Collection. You can use the same instructions to do a low bun.
1. If it is wash day for you, start by applying a quarter-sized amount of the sulfate-free, all natural Avocado Kiwi Shampoo to wet hair, gently massing and working it into a rich lather.
2. After rinsing thoroughly, work a generous amount of the Hydrating Avocado Conditioner through your hair from roots to ends, combing or finger-detangling your hair in sections.
3. Rinse once more and finally apply the Hydrating Avocado Kiwi Deep Conditioner to your hair in sections, focusing on the ends. Cover your hair with hair cap and let it sit for 20-40 minutes. Rinse thoroughly one last time. This product will hydrate and nourish your hair, preparing it for styling.
4. If you aren't washing your hair today, just spritz your hair so it is damp.
6. With a rat tail tooth comb, part your hair as even as possible.
7. Part and clip the front part of your hair into two sections.
8. Detangle the non-clipped section of hair using the Leave-in Conditioner as needed. Then apply the Avocado + Kiwi Oil Blend, which will seal in moisture and add shine. Make sure you carefully run the oil through each hair strand for best results.
9. Tie up the back of your hair into a separate section, and work the front two sections in the same way (repeat step 8 with these front sections.)
10. After applying the Leave-in Conditioner and the Avocado + Kiwi Oil (making sure your hair is still damp), brush through hair with paddle brush and continue to detangle.
11. Then take your favorite gel and apply it to whatever section you’re working on. To keep your style 100% natural, we recommend NaturAll's Hydrating Custard, which is avocado-based and moisturizing.
12. Take your paddle brush again and brush the gel throughout your hair.
13. Then brush your hair into place with a boar bristle brush, slicking your hair down from roots to end for a sleeker finish. You can alternate between a hard or soft brush until you get your desired look!
14. When you are finished with the two front sections, seal in moisture again with the Avocado + Kiwi Oil and gather any loose strands.
15. Tie your hair back into a puff and then add an extra scrunchie on top. Depending on your hair length, you can leave the puff as-is or tuck it into a bun.
16. You can always use more of the oil to style curls or use a comb to fluff out your puff!
NaturAll has always got you covered. If you follow these simple and easy steps, you’ll be three steps ahead when wearing your low puff!