Hey again NaturAllistas! Our Strengthening Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serum Collection is still fresh and we have been receiving a lot of questions about how our Growth Serums actually work. NaturAll’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Collection is well-known for many features including its fresh formula that increases shine, improves manageability, and reduces flaking and breakage. But most importantly, our readers want to know if these newest launches can help regrow edges!
When you’re a natural—knowing how to lay your edges and make them look as full as possible can help complete almost any look. Unfortunately, many of our go-to styles can put a lot of strain on our edges which are already incredibly fragile and thin to begin with compared to the rest of the hair on our scalp. Moreover, alopecia can be incredibly prevalent in natural communities and while often autoimmune, can also be caused by heat, chemicals and tight styles that pull at the hair root. We want to emphasize that since autoimmune alopecia is caused by an internal problem and traction alopecia is caused by external damage, no product can reverse alopecia itself. However, our products can mitigate the effects by promoting a healthy growth environment in the scalp. Similarly, there is no secret formula that can magically perfect your edges, but with patience, a consistent routine, and the right habits and products - you can definitely begin to restore your hairline.
A little bit of a jumpstart can’t hurt though, and that’s why our newest collection has everything you need to revive and strengthen your edges—giving them the absolute best circumstances to grow healthy and thick! Our Original Lavender Growth Serum and Ice Cream™ Treatment Deep Conditioner and Strengthening Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Moringa-Monoi + Carrot Bundles both come with the two most important products to add to your regimen if you really want to start seeing growth around your edges. The first, and most obvious, product we included in this bundle is our Growth Serum, but what many naturals don’t know is that hair often doesn't grow because of dryness and breakage. Our Deep Conditioners are also included in these bundles to help with this by providing moisture—especially to your ends—that your hair needs to stay healthy and grow.
However, it does take a lot more than just our Growth Serums and Deep Conditioners to give your hair and edges the best shot at real growth! As we mentioned in our previous blog on promoting hair growth and maintaining natural hair, hair growth relies on a lot of factors including diet, hydration, reducing heat and chemicals, and making pampering your hair and scalp a part of your regular routine—from trimming your ends to hot oil scalp massages.
Once you are able to make sure that your practices and what you are putting in your body is just as healthy and beneficial as what you are putting in your hair, there is no doubt that you will start to see results! But let’s really dive into what goes into our Jamaican Black Castor Oil Growth Serums that makes them such a powerful product! We at NaturAll constantly talk about how this magic in a bottle is a blend of powerful oils and natural ingredients designed to promote thick and healthy hair growth and structure your hair, especially around your edges—but what does that really mean? Here is a list of some of the ingredients in our Growth Serums that make results possible:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Jamaican Black Castor Oil is derived from the castor plant and contains small amounts of ash from the roasting process the castor seeds go through in production (this roasting process distinguishes Jamaican Black Castor Oil from standard pure castor oil). It contains ricinoleic acid, which increases blood circulation to the scalp, promotes hair growth, attacks inflammation and scalp infections. JBCO also contains antioxidants that support the keratin in your hair, making it stronger, smoother, more structured, and less frizzy.
- Coconut Oil - Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity, keeping hair moist and soft and preventing hair breakage. The softer and healthier your hair is, the more it can grow! As an added bonus, the various fatty acids present in coconut oil serve as excellent anti-dandruff agents.
- Lavender Essential Oil - Lavender soothes and nourishes the scalp, providing relief from inflammatory scalp conditions. With its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and analgesic properties, lavender essential oil is also a good treatment for dry, flaky scalp. It also helps balance natural scalp oils, promoting an environment for absorbing nutrients necessary for hair growth.
- Moringa Oil - Moringa oil not only makes your hair look shinier, but strengthens it with nutrients like zinc and keratin to prevent breakage and protect your hair from heat. Keratin itself is a force when it comes to hair growth since keratin makes up 90% of your hair! Another benefit is the added moisture this oil provides, fighting split ends and dryness right at the root of your hair.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E is a powerful, fat-soluble antioxidant that helps repair and build tissue. When you apply Vitamin E to your scalp, it helps reduce inflammation and repair damage to the follicles as well as encourages growth in healthy follicles. It also deeply conditions the hair from root to shaft to make it healthier and shinier, and even prevents premature graying.
- Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil has extremely similar properties to sebum, the natural oil produced by your scalp. This means your scalp and hair follicles are able to drink up jojoba oil just like they would sebum itself, replenishing oil on your scalp and moisturizing your hair without leaving an oily residue or clogging your pores. Jojoba oil is also an emollient, soothing the skin, unclogging pores, and preventing skin irritations on your scalp.
These are just a few of the many ingredients and oils in our Growth Serums that help balance the oils on your scalp, allow your hair and roots to absorb more ingredients, increase moisture and decrease breakage, and ultimately provide you with everything you need to see healthy, strong, thick hair growth. If you are curious about the other natural ingredients we use in our Growth Serums, you can always check the product description on any of the product pages or ask us in the comments section below!
There are a few more tips we have to offer when it comes to regrowing your edges that haven’t already been mentioned. In addition to staying away from some of the more extreme styles that can pull on your edges, avoiding chemicals and toxins, and moisturizing your hair with oils that will stimulate your scalp—we have one more suggestion that might help you get the full edges you’re looking for! NaturAll already knows how beneficial silk and satin pillowcases are when it comes to keeping curls moisturized and fresh throughout the night, but these materials are great for edges too! Simply applying our Growth Serums before bed and then wrapping your edges with a silk or satin scarf can make a huge difference in reducing the amount of friction your edges might be subjected to throughout the night. This allows your edges to truly drink in all the benefits and stay nourished until you remove your wrap!
Have you ever tried this? If not, please do and let us know your experience below! We look forward to being a part of your hair growth journey and would love to hear more success stories and tips in the comments section! Until next time, don’t forget to be deliciously you!