Shea butter is found in many beauty products - and for good reason! Shea butter is incredibly rich in vitamins E, A, and F. These vitamins directly help with skin conditions, such as blemishes, eczema, and dermatitis, skin allergies, insect bites, and sunburns. They give Shea butter its anti-inflammatory properties, and can even help heal wounds!
But Shea butter doesn’t just have healing properties--it has preventative ones as well. It offers UV protection, making it a good treatment for sunburns as well as a natural sunscreen! If used long term, Shea butter makes your skin smoother, softer, and stronger, even preventing wrinkles and future blemishes.
Shea butter is also comprised of natural oils that replenish and seal hydration into the skin. It’s one of the best natural moisturizers out there and lends a natural glow to your skin.
Not to mention, Shea trees are one of the world’s most sustainable natural resources, because they are not grown in plantations and don’t require fertilizer, irrigation, or pesticides. It takes the tree 25 years to start producing Shea nuts, which makes them less economically viable for larger large landowners or companies to invest in. Therefore, Shea trees are generally controlled by local people and not over-harvested.
We looked around the internet and found a lot of DIY Shea butter recipes! Most of these are links to recipes for homemade products. Give them a try, and let us know how it goes in the comments section.
1. Shea butter natural lotion or moisturizer
2. Shea butter base for homemade deodorant
3. Shea butter homemade lip balm
5. Shea butter base for homemade makeup or foundation
6. Shea butter sunscreen
7. Shea butter natural cuticle cream
8. Shea butter cream for itches or sunburns
9. Shea butter shaving cream
10. Shea butter deep conditioners! Shea butter is a key ingredient in NaturAll Club's Avocado Deep Conditioner, as well as our Shea Butter Leave-in Serum. Be sure to try out our safe, toxin-free, shea butter rich hair products.