If your hair is natural, you know how important it is to stick to the hair regimen that works best for you. NaturAll prides itself on providing the best products to support a healthy hair journey. Everyone’s crown is unique to them, which means that wash routines can differ greatly as well. Determining how often to wash your hair requires you to be mindful of how your crown is looking and feeling.
1. Listen to your hair! Start by washing it once a week, and if that works, try extending your time between washes by a few days to see how your hair feels. If your scalp becomes itchy, dirty, oily, flaky, or if it feels like your moisturizing products aren't working as well, it’s probably time for a wash. With a little experimentation, you should be able to find out the interval of time that your hair prefers. Once you do, stick to it!
2. If you’re known to pile on styling products and experience significant product buildup, you may want to use a cleansing shampoo between styles to achieve a clean scalp and wash away any flakes or excess product.
3. A fantastic option for shampoo is NaturAll’s Cleansing Avocado Shampoo. We formulated this product carefully using only non-toxic and natural ingredients to create a sulfate-free shampoo that thoroughly cleanses, while maintaining the natural balance of moisture for your hair and scalp, all powered by protein rich avocado!
4. If you don’t usually apply styling products and also don’t notice any debris in your hair or scalp, you may be able to go longer between washes. For those that don’t need a deep clean, but still have dry hair, we recommend “co-washing” which means using a conditioner to replace your shampoo. Co-washing with products like Naturall’s Hydrating Avocado Conditioner provides your hair with intense moisture, and allows water to wash over your hair and loosen any oils that may be lingering on your strands.
5. If you rarely experience visibly dirty hair you may be tempted to skip cleansing your hair altogether, however not washing your hair at all can have its consequences. Eventually, your scalp’s natural oils will build up on your strands and keep moisture from penetrating your hair! This can mean dry and brittle hair that lacks shine and luster. Do your hair a favor and give it a wash regularly, even if you don’t think you need to.
We hope this guide is helpful for you and your hair care routine. How often do you wash your hair? Does it work for you? Let us know in the comments below!