We LOVE avocados here at NaturAll Club. Here’s why…
1. Avocados are full of healthy fats! Unlike meat, cheese, or ice cream, avocados contain monounsaturated fat, which is also found in olive oil. Monounsaturated fats can reduce inflammation and have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
2. Healthy fats also FILL YOU UP! Avocados keep you full without negative effects on your body.
3. They are good for your heart! This is also because of those monounsaturated fats. Studies have shown that avocados have significant effects on cholesterol levels, just another reason to make them a part of your regular diet.
4. Avocados have a lot of fiber too, which can reduce regulate your digestion and energy levels. Most people don’t get enough fiber in their diets!
5. Speaking of common diet deficiencies, many people don’t get enough potassium either. Potassium is important for reducing blood pressure and the risk of stroke. Bananas are commonly known for being rich with potassium, but where else can you find the nutrient? You guessed it—avocados!
6. Avocados contain antioxidants that are good for the eyes!
7. This one surprised us—avocados may lower risk of depression as well. They have high levels of a chemical called folate, which prevents the buildup of another chemical called homocystein. Homocystein can interfere with neurotransmitters in the brain that regulate mood, sleep, and appetite.
8. Did you know avocados are a natural moisturizer? That’s right, you can rub avocado or just the inside of an avocado peel on your skin for a cost-effective, homemade lotion that’s great for your skin and can even reduce wrinkles.
9. Avocados are DELICIOUS, and we don’t need to cite our source for this one! Use them in your salad, sandwich, quesadilla, scrambled eggs, smoothie, or even rice as a yummy addition to any meal.
10. But best of all, Avocados are AMAZING for your hair!
- They naturally moisturize your hair
- They contain vitamin B, which is essential for hair growth
- They contain vitamin E, which helps repair damage
- Avocados also prevent hair loss!
This is why avocados are the very first ingredients in our hair masks, and why we don’t add any other chemicals—we just let nature do its work!
If you love avocados too, share your thoughts in the comment section!