Not sure which product to use for your hair? You can never go wrong with the coco aka coconut oil! Here are 5 reasons why you should add coconut oil to your hair regimen:
- Kills bacteria- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that can kill harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi. It’s especially great for those who want to cut back on shampooing.
- Moisturizes Scalp- Itchy scalp? Studies on individuals with dry skin have proven that coconut oil can improve the moisture and lipid content of the skin.
- Blocks UV Rays – It acts like a sunscreen over your hair by blocking about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Perfect for the summer time!
- Leaves hair shiny - Coconut oil coats and conditions the outer cuticle layer enhancing shine and increasing the hair fiber’s pliability. You can never have too much shine!
- Makes hair stronger: Coconut oil binds to the natural protein structure of the hair which helps to reinforce the hair fiber.
Bonus: Use extra virgin coconut oil to help with hair growth as it has better properties that can promote faster and healthy hair growth.